2007_07_13_fisrt night in New York

I'm in Conjuror's auntie's home.

She is very nice. When we arrived in NYK airport, she and Steve pick us up. Then we went to have our first meal in New York; actually in flushing.

Let's review what happened to me today.

This is my first time to take airplane. It's really a special experience to me. The most exciting thing must be the moment of taking off. The plane accelerate; it runs faster and faster; then it leave the ground. I can't express the feeling by words. If you have a chance to do it, you will realize that feeling.

The second interesting thing is to view the cloud in the air. You can see so many different kinds of clouds. Some cloud seems delicious because it shine with white light and feel like soft object; and some seems dirty and ugly because the upper cloud's shadow.

The plane's meals are not bad, but also not as delicious as I image.

When about 11:20pm in Taiwan, we saw the sun rise in Anchorage. It's really a strange feeling. We didn't feel so tired, just like the feeling in the morning.

Anchorage is a city in Alaska State (state in America). We do entry formalities in Anchorage. When the Custom officer asked me some question, I can't catch up with the officer's speed. I became more and more nervous. The officer known I'm not good at communicate in English, so he start his routine and didn't chat with me. After filling some form, he asked me another question: "have you bring more than ten thousand with you?" I was misunderstanding the word "thousand" to "dollars", and I felt puzzle because the $10 is so small and can't buy any thing. I replay that "one hundred!" The officer was also puzzle with the answer, so he repeated that again: "ten thousand?" and I also can't realize what he wanted to ask so I also repeated: "one hundred!" The officer seems realize what I was saying so he repeat my word "one hundred" and let me pass.

When I chatted with Conjuror in Chinese, I realized the "ten thousand". It's really a embarrassing story.

(By the way, the first question is "what’s the purpose of coming American?" I answered: "language training." However, the officer can't realize what I said, so he repeated: "oh~ training! What kind of training?" I replay "Language!" but maybe I didn't pronouns well so he seems can't understand the word "language" I repeated "language center", he seems realize what I said when he saw the entrance permission. After chatting with Conjuror, he said I just have to tell to him "for school.")

In the Anchorage airport, a stranger asked us: "#%$^&** NYK? " and Conjuror replayed him: "eleven thirty!" (Later, I realize the American want to know when time is the flight take off.)

I feel big trouble because I can't catch up with the speed of what the people say. If I'm alone, I may die in the city.

After start fling from Anchorage to New York, I feel so tired. I start to sleep until we have arrived New York.

Auntie picked us up and brought us to flushing for food. She looks very young, like a sister. We arrive in the house and she kindly introduced all the equipment to us. I also make a call to Taiwan, my mother answer the phone. I told her "It's me, mom!" (麻~ 我佳伶拉~), she was so surprised! She made sure the phone is really call by me, "蛤,你甘佳伶嗎?" After realizing it's really her daughter calling, mom said my father is waiting me on the internet."你爸爸底樓頂用電腦了!", She told me that. I really touched and just want to cry. Mom told me delightedly. She told me don't worried about them. Be happy and learn by fun. (賣還露厝里拉,要好好企投,嘛愛好好後英語: 不用煩惱家裡,要好好玩,好好學英文) Because I borrow the auntie's phone and didn't want to talk to much, I say goodbye to my mother and hand on the phone.

Later I really worried a about my father. Is he still in front of the computer and wait for me? I think I have to talk to my father a bout the internet is not so stable to use.

0 意見: